New Student Reg Info

2021-22 New Student Registration is Open 



 Welcome to Empire Union School District!  We are excited to welcome your family and help you register your child(ren) into their resident school.  The information below will guide you through the process.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your resident school or the Empire Union School District Office.

Capistrano Elementary (209) 521-8664

Empire Elementary (209) 521-2970

Glick Middle School (209) 577-3945

Hughes Elementary (209) 527-1330

Sipherd Elementary (209) 524-4844

Stroud Elementary (209) 491-0754

District Office (209) 521-2800


Who is eligible for Transitional Kindergarten and Kindergarten?

 To be eligible to register for kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year, a child must reach five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2020. 

 To be eligible to register for kindergarten for the 2021-2022 school year, a child must reach five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2021.

 Transitional Kindergarten is available.  If your child will turn five (5) between the dates of September 2 and December 2 of the school year requested, you can enroll him or her in Empire Union School District for Transitional Kindergarten.  The Transitional Kindergarten program is designed as an introduction to the kindergarten curriculum for younger students and is a two-year program (year 1 - Transitional Kindergarten and year 2 - Kindergarten).   


What do I need to do to get ready to register and enroll my child?

Please note that only a parent or legal guardian may register a child for school.  If you are currently the physical custodian of a child or a foster parent, please contact your resident school or Student Services at the district office to make an appointment to be approved/recognized as the child’s caregiver.  Appointments should be made prior to completing the document turn in portion of the registration process.  

Parents/Guardians/Caregivers should first confirm the school that aligns to their home dwelling address so they register at the correct school.  To find out what school you should register for, please utilize the EUSD map to determine “What School Should My Child Attend” Parents/Guardians/Caregivers should review their child’s immunization records.  Make sure that you have an up to date copy of all of the immunizations your child has received. If you are interested in attending a different school, other than your resident (home) school, transfer applications will be available after your register for your resident school.  All students interested in transferring schools, must be registered at their resident (home) school prior to applying for a transfer.

If you are living outside of the Empire Union School District attendance boundaries, you will need to apply for an inter-transfer prior to registering at any Empire School District school.  An Inter-district transfer is for families that live and work outside of the CUSD attendance boundaries.  An Inter-district Transfer application starts at the school district of residency (Example: Modesto City Schools, Ceres Unified, etc.)  Parents/Guardians must contact their home school district to begin this process.  It is recommended that parents/guardians begin this process as soon as possible as these types of transfers take time to process with two school districts involved. 

 Empire Union School District is currently accepting 2021-2022 Inter-district Transfer applications for those that wish to join Empire Union School District.   Applications for the 2022-23 school year will be available beginning Monday, March 1, 2022.


How do I register my child?

 To begin the registration process for students entering grades TK through 12th grade, Parents/Guardians/Caregivers must pick-up and complete a Registration Packet.  Registration packets can be picked-up at your residential school’s front office.  Also, registration packets for all schools can be picked-up at the Empire Union School District Office.  

Once completed, pre-registration application will be dated and time-stamped.  The date and time stamp is important as many sites use the information to determine a variety of different processes. 

Parents/Guardians/Caregivers, will be contacted by their resident school after completing a registration packet.  Parents having difficulty with the registration process or need to submit enrollment documents using an alternative method should contact their resident school for other options.  

For summer months, TK through 8th grade parents/guardians/caregivers can pick-up and submit a completed registration packet to the Empire Union School District Office which is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.

 Empire Union School District

Student Services

116 North McClure Road

Modesto, California 95357

Office: (209) 521-2800

FAX: (209) 526-6421


What documents do I need to provide to complete the registration process?

 Parents/Guardians/Caregivers will need to bring the following to their resident school site during the school year or Student Services and School Attendance during summer months:

 1. A birth certificate or other birth record, such as a baptismal certificate (must provide birth certificate within 30 days)

  • Caregivers and Foster Parents will need to bring the Student Services and School Attendance disposition given to them at their appointment.
  • Adoptive Parents that have not received a new birth certificate for their child need to bring the court order approving the adoption and, if applicable, the name change.

2. The enrolling Parents/Guardians/Caregivers will need a photo I.D. Only birth parents, legal guardians (with court orders), or caregivers approved by Student Services and School Attendance can enroll a child in school. 

3. Any court orders or custody agreements that affect your child or your participation in the school community. 

4. Proof of residency, such as: recent property tax payment receipt; current rental agreement/lease; recent rent receipts; recent PG&E bill; recent water, sewage or garbage bill; recent pay check stub; proof of valid voter registration; recent correspondence from a government agency (disability, social services, etc.); escrow papers that indicate a closing date within 45 days;

  • Proof of Residency must be in the name of the enrolling birth parent, legal guardian (per court order) or caregivers.  If it is not, then the third party, whose name is on the document, must present themselves at the school with the parent to sign a “Affidavit of Residency” at the time of enrollment.

5. Written evidence of up-to-date immunizations for: Polio, MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), DTP (Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis), Hepatitis B series (3 shots over a 6-month period) and Varicella (Chickenpox).

  • Immunizations exemptions based on personal beliefs will no longer be an option for the vaccines that are currently required for entry into kindergarten or transitional kindergarten in California. 
  • If you have questions about immunizations and/or need to facilitate immunizations please contact the State Department of Health Services, the Stanislaus County Health Services Agency, and/or your child’s primary care physician. 


Further Questions?

 If you have any questions regarding transitional kindergarten or kindergarten, registration, required enrollment documents, or class offerings, please feel free to contact your resident school. During summer months, contact Student Services at the Empire Union School District Office.

If you have questions regarding on campus before and after school childcare (Latchkey) or afterschool programs (ASES) please contact (209) 521-2800

If you have questions regarding school transfers please contact Student Services.

Empire Union School District

Student Services

116 North McClure Road

Modesto, California 95357

Office: (209) 521-2800

FAX: (209) 526-6421